Holiday shopping can be exhausting and we all know this. Yet we go out year after year and repeat the same behaviour:
- We circle the parking lot at the mall, looking for a spot. Forget looking for a spot upfront, we always expect to be miles from the front entrance
- We spend hours trying to decide what to buy our co-worker , whose name we drew in the Secret Santa at work and whom you know nothing about
- We walk around the mall, stand in lines for hours and then scour the parking lot to find our car in that spot you finally found over three hours ago
TAKE A BREAK THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
These all seem to be holiday necessities, but there is a silver lining around this cloud. This light comes in the form of Williams Fresh Café and their fresh take on fast food.
My husband and I stopped in at the Richmond Street location (in London) the other day for a quick-lunch break. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie and I must say, I highly recommend this menu item. A light, flaky puff pastry sits upon a creamy chicken stew. The two go together fabulously and leave you feeling warm inside; perfect for the winter weather.
I also chose the Strawberry Fields with Feta salad as my side item. I love strawberries in salad so I knew I couldn’t go wrong. And it didn’t disappoint. The creamy poppy-seed dressing was the perfect complement to this fresh tasting mixture.
My husband went with a classic item and chose the Belgian Waffle with Maple Syrup. He thought it was mouth-watering delicious. You can’t go wrong with a tried and true Canadian favourite.
Williams also has free Wi-Fi at all its locations. I took my laptop with me and was able to get a little work done. I actually began writing this post there.
To celebrate all that’s fresh this winter, City Mom and Williams Fresh Café, would like to offer you a chance to enjoy the unique Williams experience. Enter to win a $50 gift card that can be used at any Williams location in South Western Ontario.
Enter up to three times:
First Entry (must complete this before extra entries): Visit www.williamsfreshcafe.com and view their menu. Select your favourite item, come back to City Mom and leave a comment listing the item you choose.
You can then choose to head over to the Williams Fresh Cafe Facebook page, ‘Like’ the page, then come back to City Mom and let me know that you did so by leaving another comment.
Finally, you can visit the City Mom Facebook page, ‘Like’ that page, come back to City Mom and leave another comment letting me know you did that too.
- Entries are limited to Canadian residents
- Additional entries will be removed if requirements are found not to be met
- One winner will be selected at random using random.org
- The winner will be notified at the email address used upon entry
- The contest will run from December 8, 2010 to December 14, 2010
- The contest will close at 6:00pm on December 14th, at which time a winner will be selected and notified